Create an original T-shirt design promoting the Fairtrade movement in Australia and New Zealand- and win prizes!
Calling all graphic designers, fashion designers and students of design with a mind for activism.
We are looking for a new and inspiring design to promote the Fairtrade movement across Australia, New Zealand and then the world. The winning designs will be printed onto Etiko Fairtrade T-Shirts- available in white, black or grey and sold through our channels.
We have run a Fairtrade campaign in the past using the slogan “Change Today, Choose Fairtrade”. You may like to incorporate that slogan into your submission or create a new message - as long as it’s about promoting the Fairtrade movement, it’s on brief! Please note-when using the Fairtrade logo it needs to be within guidelines and any eligible submission needs to be a match to the Etiko and Fairtrade agenda- Fairtrade, Organic, and extremely inspiring.
So do your research.
Here’s your chance to be heard on a T-shirt, rock the boat, start the conversation and inspire change. We want more people in Australia and New Zealand to care about the community impact work of Fairtrade and we want our community to design the T-shirt that inspires this and to get more people talking about what we’re trying to achieve.
Etiko is the pioneer of Fairtrade fashion in Australia and New Zealand, the only fashion brand to achieve an A+ in every single Australian Ethical Fashion Report (2013-2019) plus in 2016, Etiko became the first fashion brand to ever win an Australian Human Rights Award. We can trace our ethical supply chain right back to the seed that is used to grow our organic cotton and the trees used to produce our natural rubber in our footwear, and of course we only use compostable packaging. We’re proud of our achievements but still have a lot of work to do, maybe you can help us spread the good word.
Fairtrade Australia and New Zealand
Fairtrade is an alternative, on-ground approach to conventional trade based on a partnership between producers and traders, businesses and consumers. The international Fairtrade system—made up of Fairtrade International and its member organisations—represents the world's largest and one of the most recognised fair trade systems. Fairtrade Australia and New Zealand is a Fairtrade International member and nonprofit organisation that certifies, promotes and advocates for Fairtrade.
The competition details and prizes-
The T-shirt is for adults and can be applied to a white, grey or black background T-shirt. It has to ‘promote the Fairtrade movement’ in a written and/or image format.
Please submit your designs to email@example.com in PDF vector format at 300dpi, size no bigger than 10MB by 9 June 2020. Entries will be judged in June and printed/launched in July for Fairtrade Fortnight (7-20 August 2020). Winners will be notified by email/phone.
Any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every qualified entry will get 15% off their next Etiko order- we’ll send you a code to redeem your discount.
Any questions please just ask us in an email with the title I want to design an ethical T-shirt.
- First prize- AU$250 in prize money (given by Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand)
- T-shirt with the winning design (RRP $50) as well full artist credit
- $250 Etiko gift certificate
- Fairtrade hamper of coffee, chocolate, tea and other food goodies ($100)
- Total value $650.
- 2nd prize AU$150 in prize money (given by Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand)
- T-shirt with their winning design (RRP $50) full artist credit for the design
- $150 Etiko gift certificate
- Fairtrade hamper of coffee, chocolate, tea and other food goodies ($100) -Total value $450.
- 3rd prize AU$100 in prize money (given by Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand)
- T-shirt with their winning design (RRP $50) full artist credit for the design
- $100 Etiko gift certificate
- Fairtrade hamper of coffee, chocolate, tea and other food goodies ($100) - Total Value $350.
Terms & Conditions
Etiko and Fairtrade Australia and New Zealand T-shirt design competition Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who submit designs to the email(email@example.com) and who are 16 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Australia and New Zealand and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Etko, Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition.
- Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 1st May 2020, and ending 9th June 2020. All online entries must be received by 9th June 2020 by 11pm.
- How to Enter: The Competition must be entered by submitting a file in PDF vector format at 300dpi, size no bigger than 20MB by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive the prize listed on the day that the entrant is the winner of. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand. No prize substitution shall be permitted except at Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand to use Winner’s name, design, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Judges: The Judges’ decision on winners of first , second and third place designs are final and not subject to public explanation.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by nominated judges with reference to meeting criteria outlined in the completion design brief. The Winners will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winners. Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ETIKO AND FAIRTRADE AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., artwork), You understand and agree that Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand, anyone acting on behalf of Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand, and licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law to ownership of the submitted design, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, art, design, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation (outside of prizes), notice, review, or consent.
- Original work: By entering this content (e.g., artwork), You warrant that the content submitted is your own original work (except concerning use of the Fairtrade Mark according to guidelines provided). Etiko and Fairtrade ANZ reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who submits artwork that the Judges deem to contain plagiarised material, either in whole or in part.
- Terms & Conditions: Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such a case, Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand. Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void entries for any reason that is opposition to the Competition agenda. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Competition are Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand.
- Facebook Instagram and Google: The Campaign hosted by Etiko and Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Google.
- By taking part, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Click here to download